San Francisco News
Google announces $2M award goes to Exploratorium
On Wednesday, Google announced it is awarding $2 million to San Francisco's Exploratorium. The money will support the Exploratorium's future home at Piers 15 and 17 on the Embarcadero.
The hands-on science museum has been a favorite for residents and tourists since it opened in 1969 at the Palace of Fine Arts.
The new museum will open in 2013. It's one of seven U.S. museums receiving awards from the Mountain View Internet search giant.
san francisco county, embarcadero, google, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire