San Francisco News
Google announces $2M award goes to Exploratorium
On Wednesday, Google announced it is awarding $2 million to San Francisco's Exploratorium. The money will support the Exploratorium's future home at Piers 15 and 17 on the Embarcadero.
The hands-on science museum has been a favorite for residents and tourists since it opened in 1969 at the Palace of Fine Arts.
The new museum will open in 2013. It's one of seven U.S. museums receiving awards from the Mountain View Internet search giant.
san francisco county, embarcadero, google, san francisco news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday