San Francisco News
Arson suspected in last week's Excelsior fire
SAN FRANCISCO -- A house fire last Thursday in San Francisco's Excelsior neighborhood appears to have been set intentionally, a fire department spokeswoman said Monday.
The one-alarm fire was reported at 9:52 p.m. Thursday at 526 Silver Ave.
The blaze was controlled by 10:15 p.m. and was confined to one room, a fire dispatcher said.
No one was injured in the fire.
Fire spokeswoman Lt. Mindy Talmadge said investigators determined that cause of the blaze was arson.
The fire remains under investigation, Talmadge said.
arson, fire, excelsior district, san francisco news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 23 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos