San Francisco News
Stolen boat washes ashore on Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested when a stolen boat washed ashore at San Francisco's Ocean Beach early this morning, a National Park Service spokesman said.
Visitors reported at 5:42 a.m. that the boat, "Dancing Wolf," had washed ashore at the beach just north of Fulton Street, park spokesman George Durgerian said.
Park rangers and U.S. Park police responded and found a man in his late 30s who was aboard the ship and appeared to be intoxicated, Durgerian said.
Authorities determined the man, whose name is not yet being released, was wanted on unrelated warrants and took him into custody, Durgerian said.
Park officials learned that the boat had been reported stolen out of Vallejo at 2:30 a.m., he said.
The boat remained at the beach as of 8 a.m. Its owner has been notified and is trying to arrange for the recovery of the vessel, Durgerian said.
ocean beach, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued