San Francisco News
Stolen boat washes ashore on Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested when a stolen boat washed ashore at San Francisco's Ocean Beach early this morning, a National Park Service spokesman said.
Visitors reported at 5:42 a.m. that the boat, "Dancing Wolf," had washed ashore at the beach just north of Fulton Street, park spokesman George Durgerian said.
Park rangers and U.S. Park police responded and found a man in his late 30s who was aboard the ship and appeared to be intoxicated, Durgerian said.
Authorities determined the man, whose name is not yet being released, was wanted on unrelated warrants and took him into custody, Durgerian said.
Park officials learned that the boat had been reported stolen out of Vallejo at 2:30 a.m., he said.
The boat remained at the beach as of 8 a.m. Its owner has been notified and is trying to arrange for the recovery of the vessel, Durgerian said.
ocean beach, san francisco news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 28 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos