San Francisco News
Body identified as missing Marin Co. boater
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A body found Saturday morning near Fort Funston in San Francisco is that of a missing Marin County boater.
53-year old Roger Christiansen of San Anselmo went missing last weekend after the 43-foot tugboat he and another man were on began taking on water near Ocean Beach.
The second man was rescued by the Coast Guard in rough water. The San Francisco coroner identified Christiansen through fingerprints.
ocean beach, missing person, marin county, search and rescue, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 17 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 43 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 46 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 40 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 43 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos