San Francisco News
Body identified as missing Marin Co. boater
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A body found Saturday morning near Fort Funston in San Francisco is that of a missing Marin County boater.
53-year old Roger Christiansen of San Anselmo went missing last weekend after the 43-foot tugboat he and another man were on began taking on water near Ocean Beach.
The second man was rescued by the Coast Guard in rough water. The San Francisco coroner identified Christiansen through fingerprints.
ocean beach, missing person, marin county, search and rescue, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire 43 min ago
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race 34 min ago
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday