San Francisco News
DUI suspect arrested after fatal hit-and-run in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police have detained a possible DUI suspect following a fatal hit and run accident.
A man was killed on Masonic between Golden Gate and Turk. The man was crossing the street, probably in the crosswalk, when a car coming southbound on Masonic and hit him at more than 50 mph. The pedestrian was knocked more than 100 feet and was killed instantly. The vehicle continued on and crashed into vehicles parked along Clayton and Fell. The car ended up crashing into some street flower pots next to St. Mary's Hospital. The driver was taken to a hospital with minor cuts to his face and will face a vehicular manslaughter charge.
The suspect is only being described as a 23-year-old. The pedestrian was a 55-year-old black man.
DUI, hit and run, crime, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Supreme Court could issue Prop 8, DOMA rulings 3 min ago
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday