San Francisco News
DUI suspect arrested after fatal hit-and-run in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police have detained a possible DUI suspect following a fatal hit and run accident.
A man was killed on Masonic between Golden Gate and Turk. The man was crossing the street, probably in the crosswalk, when a car coming southbound on Masonic and hit him at more than 50 mph. The pedestrian was knocked more than 100 feet and was killed instantly. The vehicle continued on and crashed into vehicles parked along Clayton and Fell. The car ended up crashing into some street flower pots next to St. Mary's Hospital. The driver was taken to a hospital with minor cuts to his face and will face a vehicular manslaughter charge.
The suspect is only being described as a 23-year-old. The pedestrian was a 55-year-old black man.
DUI, hit and run, crime, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick 12 min ago
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 4 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 17 min ago
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
4 min ago