San Francisco News
DUI suspect arrested after fatal hit-and-run in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police have detained a possible DUI suspect following a fatal hit and run accident.
A man was killed on Masonic between Golden Gate and Turk. The man was crossing the street, probably in the crosswalk, when a car coming southbound on Masonic and hit him at more than 50 mph. The pedestrian was knocked more than 100 feet and was killed instantly. The vehicle continued on and crashed into vehicles parked along Clayton and Fell. The car ended up crashing into some street flower pots next to St. Mary's Hospital. The driver was taken to a hospital with minor cuts to his face and will face a vehicular manslaughter charge.
The suspect is only being described as a 23-year-old. The pedestrian was a 55-year-old black man.
DUI, hit and run, crime, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 20 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 42 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right 12 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies 8 min ago
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos