San Francisco News
DUI suspect arrested after fatal hit-and-run in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police have detained a possible DUI suspect following a fatal hit and run accident.
A man was killed on Masonic between Golden Gate and Turk. The man was crossing the street, probably in the crosswalk, when a car coming southbound on Masonic and hit him at more than 50 mph. The pedestrian was knocked more than 100 feet and was killed instantly. The vehicle continued on and crashed into vehicles parked along Clayton and Fell. The car ended up crashing into some street flower pots next to St. Mary's Hospital. The driver was taken to a hospital with minor cuts to his face and will face a vehicular manslaughter charge.
The suspect is only being described as a 23-year-old. The pedestrian was a 55-year-old black man.
DUI, hit and run, crime, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders 43 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla. tornado
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition 42 min ago
- SF police launch distracted walking campaign 8 min ago
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage 34 min ago
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains 22 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos