San Francisco News
Arson suspected in two portable toilet fires
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two portable toilets were set on fire within minutes of each other in San Francisco's Castro District early Sunday morning, police said.
Officers responded to two separate reports of toilets on fire shortly after 12:30 a.m. Sunday. One of the fires was at 18th and Sanchez streets, and the other was several blocks away at 18th and Douglass streets, according to police.
The portable toilets were both outside homes under construction, and in each case, half of the backside of the toilet was melted by the flames, police said.
Arson is suspected in both fires, but no suspects have been identified, according to police.
Anyone with information about the blazes is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
arson, fire, castro, san francisco news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire