San Francisco News
Man arrested on suspicion of robbing bank
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested after allegedly robbing a bank near the Stonestown Galleria mall on Monday morning, police said.
The robbery was reported at about 11:40 a.m. at a Bank of America in the 200 block of Winston Drive.
The suspect, a man in his early 20s, entered the bank and demanded money from a teller, according to police.
The teller complied and the suspect fled with the cash, but was taken into custody shortly afterward, police said.
No weapon was seen and no one was injured in the robbery.
Police have not yet released the man's name.
crime, sunset district, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos