San Francisco News
Man arrested on suspicion of robbing bank
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested after allegedly robbing a bank near the Stonestown Galleria mall on Monday morning, police said.
The robbery was reported at about 11:40 a.m. at a Bank of America in the 200 block of Winston Drive.
The suspect, a man in his early 20s, entered the bank and demanded money from a teller, according to police.
The teller complied and the suspect fled with the cash, but was taken into custody shortly afterward, police said.
No weapon was seen and no one was injured in the robbery.
Police have not yet released the man's name.
crime, sunset district, san francisco news
- Broken water line in San Francisco's Lower Haight 36 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat 20 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday