San Francisco News
SF Zoo renames hippo after SF Giants' Wilson
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- What's in a name? A lot, if you're a hippo looking for a little popularity boost.
The San Francisco Zoo has renamed its flirty hippo formerly known as "Tucker." It's new moniker? Brian Wilson -- as in the bearded San Francisco Giants Closer.
Brian Wilson came here from Topeka, Kansas where he fathered a baby hippo and zoo officials there decided three was a crowd. He's now the lone hippo at the San Francisco Zoo, but if he lives up to his name, he can handle a one-man show.
san francisco giants, san francisco zoo, san francisco news
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 6 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 19 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 54 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 33 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
6 min ago