San Francisco News
SF Zoo renames hippo after SF Giants' Wilson
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- What's in a name? A lot, if you're a hippo looking for a little popularity boost.
The San Francisco Zoo has renamed its flirty hippo formerly known as "Tucker." It's new moniker? Brian Wilson -- as in the bearded San Francisco Giants Closer.
Brian Wilson came here from Topeka, Kansas where he fathered a baby hippo and zoo officials there decided three was a crowd. He's now the lone hippo at the San Francisco Zoo, but if he lives up to his name, he can handle a one-man show.
san francisco giants, san francisco zoo, san francisco news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch 40 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos