San Francisco News
SF bomb squad detonates WWII vintage explosives
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Sunset residents could hear a loud boom Wednesday evening at San Francisco's Ocean Beach.
The San Francisco police bomb squad detonated some old, World War II vintage explosives.
The owner of a rental property discovered the explosives inside a home on Christopher Drive near Twin Peaks around 3 p.m. Wednesday.
ocean beach, SFPD, san francisco news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday