San Francisco News
Woman robbed of backpack, phone in SOMA
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was robbed of her backpack, cellphone and shoes in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood early this morning, police said.
The robbery was reported at about 4:10 a.m. near the intersection of 11th and Mission streets.
The 28-year-old victim was approached by a man who demanded her property, according to police.
As two other men also approached the woman, she became frightened and complied with the demand, police said.
The suspects fled with the items, and remain at large.
The victim was not injured during the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, soma, san francisco news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 20 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities 9 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos