San Francisco News
Woman robbed of backpack, phone in SOMA
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was robbed of her backpack, cellphone and shoes in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood early this morning, police said.
The robbery was reported at about 4:10 a.m. near the intersection of 11th and Mission streets.
The 28-year-old victim was approached by a man who demanded her property, according to police.
As two other men also approached the woman, she became frightened and complied with the demand, police said.
The suspects fled with the items, and remain at large.
The victim was not injured during the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, soma, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts