San Francisco News
Multiple people injured in Market Street shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Five people were injured in a shooting near 7th and Market streets this evening, two of them seriously, San Francisco police are reporting.
The 6:15 p.m. shooting on the 1000 block of Market Street, only blocks from the Pride festivities at Civic Center, left three people with non-life threatening injuries, Lt. Troy Dangerfield said. Two people were shot in the leg and one was shot in the buttocks.
Two other victims were shot in the body and are being treated for life-threatening injuries, Dangerfield said.
Police are searching for a suspect described as a black male in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with dreadlocks. It was not clear which direction he was traveling following the shooting.
crime, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 24 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 2 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire