San Francisco News
New Bay Area transit fees, fares rolling out soon
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A number of new fares, fees and fines go into effect on Friday:
- After a one-year grace period, truckers who cross over Bay Area bridges will be paying higher tolls than they do now.
- Hybrid owners who who drive solo will no longer be permitted to drive in the carpool lane.
- In San Francisco, the fine for parking in a handicapped spot goes up from $335 to more than $900.
In addition to those increases, fares for Caltrain and the Golden Gate Transit are also increasing.
caltrain, caltrans, bay bridge, golden gate bridge, san mateo bridge, carquinez bridge, benicia martinez bridge, traffic, san francisco news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos