San Francisco News
New Bay Area transit fees, fares rolling out soon
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A number of new fares, fees and fines go into effect on Friday:
- After a one-year grace period, truckers who cross over Bay Area bridges will be paying higher tolls than they do now.
- Hybrid owners who who drive solo will no longer be permitted to drive in the carpool lane.
- In San Francisco, the fine for parking in a handicapped spot goes up from $335 to more than $900.
In addition to those increases, fares for Caltrain and the Golden Gate Transit are also increasing.
caltrain, caltrans, bay bridge, golden gate bridge, san mateo bridge, carquinez bridge, benicia martinez bridge, traffic, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy 45 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 23 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars 4 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 7 min ago
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body 34 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos