San Francisco News
New Bay Area transit fees, fares rolling out soon
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A number of new fares, fees and fines go into effect on Friday:
- After a one-year grace period, truckers who cross over Bay Area bridges will be paying higher tolls than they do now.
- Hybrid owners who who drive solo will no longer be permitted to drive in the carpool lane.
- In San Francisco, the fine for parking in a handicapped spot goes up from $335 to more than $900.
In addition to those increases, fares for Caltrain and the Golden Gate Transit are also increasing.
caltrain, caltrans, bay bridge, golden gate bridge, san mateo bridge, carquinez bridge, benicia martinez bridge, traffic, san francisco news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos