San Francisco News
Teen injured in Bayview shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 16-year-old boy was injured in a shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District on Thursday evening, police said.
The shooting was reported at about 7:20 p.m. in the 1300 block of Mendell Street.
The boy was walking in the area when he was shot twice in the abdomen, according to police.
He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered life-threatening.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
shooting, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits 14 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF 44 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 24 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision 36 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks 1 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday