San Francisco News
2 allegedly drunk people pulled from bay near Pier 7
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two people who were apparently intoxicated were pulled from San Francisco Bay Friday along the Embarcadero, a police spokesman said.
The two friends were near Pier 7 when one of them "jumped in the water to get something," San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza said. "The other jumped in to save him."
The pair was taken out of the water and treated by paramedics "for precautionary reasons," Esparza said.
Esparza did not have information on whether any arrests related to the drunken swim were made.
rescue, san francisco bay, embarcadero, san francisco news
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond 50 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay 19 min ago
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- United Airlines restarts 787 flights after grounding
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Bay to Breakers fall; Oakland Hills fire 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday