San Francisco News
Police investigate shootings in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three people were shot in two separate incidents Saturday night in San Francisco.
One person was shot on the 1100 block of Fillmore Street around 6 p.m.
The shooting was reported when the victim was dropped off by a cab at California Pacifica Medical Center, police said. The victim, who was struck once in the hip area, said he was standing in front of the McDonalds on Fillmore Street when he was shot.
The victim was transferred to San Francisco General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
One man was shot multiple times in the upper body around 7:45 p.m. at Ellis and Jones streets, while a second man, a 78-year-old bystander, was also struck in the foot, police said.
Both victims were taken to San Francisco General Hospital. The first victim suffered life-threatening injuries, while the elderly victim suffered from non-life threatening injuries.
Police officers arrested a suspect at the scene and recovered the weapon used in the shooting. It is unknown if the shooting was gang related, police said.
No suspect description or further information was available.
shooting, crime, san francisco news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 56 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 8 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating 7 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
8 min ago