San Francisco News
Animal rescue groups search for sea lion
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Animal rescue groups are trying to find a sea lion in distress that was spotted last week at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.
Several photos were sent to ABC7 by the Guerra Family from Texas. Their daughter took the photos on Thursday and Friday next to Pier 239. The sea lion appears to have fishing line wrapped around its neck in the photos.
Pier 39 told ABC7 they called animal rescue experts, but they have not been able to catch the sea lion to cut the wire away.
Animal rescue officials say they do not want to distress the sea lion any more than it might already be, so they will wait until early morning before attempting another rescue.
animal, animals in peril, fisherman's wharf, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 17 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 36 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday