San Francisco News
Man shot by SFPD dies from injuries
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A man shot by police in the Bayview District Saturday afternoon has died from his injuries.
The shooting happened near the intersection of Third and Oakdale Streets in San Francisco around 4:40 p.m. Saturday.
Eyewitensses told ABC7 News the suspect, identified only as a 19-year-old man, de-boarded the T-Third Muni train without a ticket. When he was approached by police, the suspect fled and at one poitn was shot at several times by police, according to witnesses.
The suspect was rushed to San Francisco General Hospital. He was pronounced dead shortly after 7:00 p.m.
There's no word on what caused officers to open fire on the suspect. No other injuries were reported.
Portions of Third Street between Oakdale and Palau were briefly closed during the police investigation. Tactical police officers were called out to keep watch over a large crowd of onlookers in the minutes after the shooting.
shooting, crime, SFPD, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise 17 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body