San Francisco News
Man shot by SFPD dies from injuries
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A man shot by police in the Bayview District Saturday afternoon has died from his injuries.
The shooting happened near the intersection of Third and Oakdale Streets in San Francisco around 4:40 p.m. Saturday.
Eyewitensses told ABC7 News the suspect, identified only as a 19-year-old man, de-boarded the T-Third Muni train without a ticket. When he was approached by police, the suspect fled and at one poitn was shot at several times by police, according to witnesses.
The suspect was rushed to San Francisco General Hospital. He was pronounced dead shortly after 7:00 p.m.
There's no word on what caused officers to open fire on the suspect. No other injuries were reported.
Portions of Third Street between Oakdale and Palau were briefly closed during the police investigation. Tactical police officers were called out to keep watch over a large crowd of onlookers in the minutes after the shooting.
shooting, crime, SFPD, san francisco news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos