San Francisco News
Alex Trebek burglary suspect arraigned in court
SAN FRANCISCO -- The woman suspected of burglarizing the San Francisco hotel room of "Jeopardy" game show host Alex Trebek early Tuesday will appear in court today.
Lucinda Moyers, 56, was arrested at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis at 55 Fourth St. around 3 a.m. Tuesday after being detained by hotel security guards, police said.
Trebek was in town filming the National Geographic World Championship at Google headquarters in Mountain View.
Early Tuesday, he awoke to find a woman burglarizing his room. He got out of bed and chased her down the hallway, but his Achilles tendon ruptured and he fell "in an ignominious heap to the carpeting," he told the audience at Google after he showed up on crutches for the taping.
The 71-year-old is doing well, Jeopardy senior publicist Phil Zimmerman said Wednesday. He declined to comment further on the incident.
San Francisco police said they responded to a report of a burglary at the hotel around 3 a.m. Lt. Troy Dangerfield said two hotel guests were sleeping when a woman entered their room and stole items including purses, wallets and cash.
Police eventually took Moyers into custody, and officers found several of the stolen items near the hotel ice machine, but no cash was recovered, Dangerfield said. Moyers was not an employee of the hotel.
Moyers will be arraigned in San Francisco Superior Court at 1:30 p.m. today. She faces one felony count each of first-degree burglary and receiving stolen property.
crime, celebrity, television, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos