San Francisco News
Woman shot in the ankle in Potrero Hill
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was shot in the ankle at an apartment in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood this morning, a police spokesman said.
The shooting was reported at about 7:30 a.m. in the 1000 block of Connecticut Street, near 25th Street.
Police Lt. Troy Dangerfield said the woman, who is in her 40s, was with a man in the apartment when she was shot by a second man.
He said the woman and the shooter know each other but that the shooting does not appear to be a case of domestic violence.
Police are still investigating the circumstances and the motive.
The woman was taken to a hospital and the shooter was arrested.
potrero hill, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 8 min ago
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday