San Francisco News
Woman shot in the ankle in Potrero Hill
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was shot in the ankle at an apartment in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood this morning, a police spokesman said.
The shooting was reported at about 7:30 a.m. in the 1000 block of Connecticut Street, near 25th Street.
Police Lt. Troy Dangerfield said the woman, who is in her 40s, was with a man in the apartment when she was shot by a second man.
He said the woman and the shooter know each other but that the shooting does not appear to be a case of domestic violence.
Police are still investigating the circumstances and the motive.
The woman was taken to a hospital and the shooter was arrested.
potrero hill, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 39 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 15 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos