San Francisco News
Woman shot in the ankle in Potrero Hill
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was shot in the ankle at an apartment in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood this morning, a police spokesman said.
The shooting was reported at about 7:30 a.m. in the 1000 block of Connecticut Street, near 25th Street.
Police Lt. Troy Dangerfield said the woman, who is in her 40s, was with a man in the apartment when she was shot by a second man.
He said the woman and the shooter know each other but that the shooting does not appear to be a case of domestic violence.
Police are still investigating the circumstances and the motive.
The woman was taken to a hospital and the shooter was arrested.
potrero hill, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 43 min ago
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi 21 min ago
- Northern California couple has rare triplets 2 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
52 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos