San Francisco News
Woman shot in ankle in Potrero Hill
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was shot in the ankle in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood on Thursday morning by a man who tried to take her radio at gunpoint, police said.
The shooting was reported at about 7:30 a.m. on Connecticut Street just north of 25th Street.
The 36-year-old victim was approached by the suspect, who asked for her radio. When the woman refused, the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at her, according to police.
The woman's husband, who was with her, grabbed the handgun, which fired a round that struck the woman in her left ankle, police said.
The suspect ran away but was known to the victim, who provided information about him to police that led to his arrest shortly afterward.
The woman was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for her injury, which is not life-threatening, according to police.
crime, shooting, potrero hill, san francisco news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 17 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
15 min ago