San Francisco News
Man charged in hit-and-run of boy in SF is free on bail
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The man charged in a hit-and-run accident that critically injured a 9-year old boy in San Francisco is free on bail.
Andrew Alan Vargas is expected to be arraigned Thursday on felony drunk driving and hit-and-run charges. He was caught in Hayward last Thursday night, just a few hours after police say he struck Ryan White at the corner of Mission and New Montgomery streets.
It happened as White's family walked back to their hotel after the Phillies-Giants game. The Whites live near Philadelphia. White suffered a brain injury along with several broken bones and a lacerated liver. His condition has been upgraded from critical to serious.
In a statement, White's parents said: "We would like to express our deep gratitude to the people of San Francisco and the Bay Area for the outpouring of support and sympathy for our son Ryan."
hit and run, crime, crash, hayward, pedestrian struck, children, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Google barge moved to the Port of Stockton
- Pedestrian safety plan announced in San Francisco
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space 53 min ago
- Cronut creator invents 'shots' of milk and cookies
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media...
53 min ago