San Francisco News
Man stabbed by woman in SF's SoMa district
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was stabbed in the back by a woman in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Thursday night but is refusing to cooperate with investigators, police said.
The stabbing was reported at 11:15 p.m. near the intersection of Seventh and Stevenson streets.
The 36-year-old victim got into an argument with the female suspect, who pulled out a small knife and stabbed him once in the back, according to police.
The man was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for the injury, which is not considered life-threatening, police said.
When investigators questioned the man about what happened, the man refused to provide further details about the stabbing.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, soma, san francisco news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 10 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 3 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 8 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 17 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos