San Francisco News
Man stabbed by woman in SF's SoMa district
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was stabbed in the back by a woman in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Thursday night but is refusing to cooperate with investigators, police said.
The stabbing was reported at 11:15 p.m. near the intersection of Seventh and Stevenson streets.
The 36-year-old victim got into an argument with the female suspect, who pulled out a small knife and stabbed him once in the back, according to police.
The man was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for the injury, which is not considered life-threatening, police said.
When investigators questioned the man about what happened, the man refused to provide further details about the stabbing.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, soma, san francisco news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 11 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 57 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 49 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 40 min ago
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary 23 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
49 min ago