San Francisco News
Man stabbed by woman in SF's SoMa district
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was stabbed in the back by a woman in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Thursday night but is refusing to cooperate with investigators, police said.
The stabbing was reported at 11:15 p.m. near the intersection of Seventh and Stevenson streets.
The 36-year-old victim got into an argument with the female suspect, who pulled out a small knife and stabbed him once in the back, according to police.
The man was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for the injury, which is not considered life-threatening, police said.
When investigators questioned the man about what happened, the man refused to provide further details about the stabbing.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, soma, san francisco news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos