San Francisco News
Police arrest burglar who tumbled into bathtub
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police arrested a burglar who tumbled into a man's bathtub while breaking into an Outer Sunset home early Thursdaymorning.
The resident, a 41-year-old man, was sleeping in the living room of his home in the 1200 block of La Playa Street when he awoke around 3:15 a.m. to a loud crash coming from his bathroom, police Officer Albie Esparza said.
The man went to investigate and found the burglar lying in the bathtub. It appears that the suspect fell into the tub while climbing through a window, Esparza said.
Officers arrived and arrested the intruder, Edward Edmond Van Right, 40, on suspicion of burglary and possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
Van Right, a San Francisco resident, also had a warrant out for his arrest for failing to attend a scheduled court appearance for an alcohol-related citation, Esparza said.
crime, sunset district, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale 15 min ago
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car 58 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos