San Francisco News
New USF logo unveiled on Friday
SAN FRANCISCO -- At the University of San Francisco, the new school year brings more than new students but also a new logo, which was unveiled Friday, a university spokeswoman said.
The new logo, along with a new tagline, "Change the World From Here," updates the former logo, which was introduced nearly 20 years ago.
The logo now spells out the university's name instead of only its initials.
The logo forms a cross in the center, referencing the school's Jesuit Catholic tradition, and there are arrows that point both inward and outward, which spokeswoman Anne-Marie Devine said represents the ongoing dialogue and engagement between USF and society.
The design for the logo was an 18-month process and co-created by San Francisco design firm, Studio Hinrichs, and USF creative director Dale Johnston.
Former and current students, faculty and staff were part of the design process. They provided feedback and ideas for the logo redesign, Devine said.
university of san francisco, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating Target hack 1 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope 25 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos