San Francisco News
New USF logo unveiled on Friday
SAN FRANCISCO -- At the University of San Francisco, the new school year brings more than new students but also a new logo, which was unveiled Friday, a university spokeswoman said.
The new logo, along with a new tagline, "Change the World From Here," updates the former logo, which was introduced nearly 20 years ago.
The logo now spells out the university's name instead of only its initials.
The logo forms a cross in the center, referencing the school's Jesuit Catholic tradition, and there are arrows that point both inward and outward, which spokeswoman Anne-Marie Devine said represents the ongoing dialogue and engagement between USF and society.
The design for the logo was an 18-month process and co-created by San Francisco design firm, Studio Hinrichs, and USF creative director Dale Johnston.
Former and current students, faculty and staff were part of the design process. They provided feedback and ideas for the logo redesign, Devine said.
university of san francisco, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire