San Francisco News
Triathalon kicks off Sunday in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- More than 800 athletes, including more than 250 Bay Area residents, will take on San Francisco terrain as the Second Annual San Francisco Triathlon at Alcatraz begins Sunday morning.
The three-stage event will include a swim from Alcatraz Island to Marina Green, a 25-mile bike ride through the hills of San Francisco and a 7-mile run that includes a 400-step sand ladder.
Ben Collins, of Seattle, Wash., won the men's course and Tenille Hoogland, of Ottawa, Ontario, won the women's course in 2010.
The event begins at 7 a.m.
alcatraz, san francisco news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 35 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event 1 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House 26 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos