San Francisco News
SFPD opens doors for new recruits
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police want you to be a new member of the thin blue line.
Beginning Friday, Aug. 26, 2011, the SFPD will take online applications to become an entry level police officer.
The application period will close after the city receives 2500 applications.
Here is the statement the police department released:
Chief Greg Suhr personally invites you to join a highly respected police department and serve the citizens of one of the most beautiful cities in the country. San Francisco Police Officers perform a wide variety of duties to promote public safety and security, prevent crime and enforce the law. Police Officers perform a number of essential functions. For example, they patrol districts to prevent and detect crime; respond to calls for assistance; conduct criminal investigations; interact with the community to build cooperation and support; pursue and arrest suspects; enforce traffic and parking laws; write reports and maintain records; work with superiors, peers, and others as a team; prepare for and participate in planned events; prepare for court and give testimony; and fulfill other administrative duties when required.
The San Francisco Police Department will be accepting Entry Level Police Officer applications beginning Friday, August 26, 2011.
Applicants interested in applying must access our City website at www.jobaps.com/sf and create an applicant account in order to apply for the position. The application period will close once the city receives 2500 applications.
SFPD, jobs, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 10 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday