San Francisco News
Teen arrested in connection with SF shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- A teen was arrested Sunday on suspicion of shooting a man in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood earlier this month, police said.
The shooting was reported at 11:29 a.m. on Aug. 11 in the 1000 block of Oakdale Avenue.
The 20-year-old victim was approached by three suspects, one of whom pulled out a black semiautomatic gun from his waistband and shot at him, according to police.
The victim tried to flee but a bullet ricocheted and struck him in the foot, police said.
He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for the injury, which was not life-threatening.
The motive for the shooting appears to simply be that the victim was not from the suspects' neighborhood, police said.
The suspects fled, but the Police Department's gang task force was eventually able to identify the suspected shooter and obtain a warrant for his arrest.
On Sunday, the suspect was spotted in the driver's seat of a car parked near Revere Avenue and Hawes Street, according to police.
He was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. The teen's name is not being released because he is a juvenile, police said.
Anyone with additional information about the shooting is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
shooting, crime, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos