San Francisco News
APEC Women and the Economy Summit kicks off
Some of the most important women in government and business from the United States and 20 Pacific Rim countries are gathering in San Francisco today.
Governor Brown will give the welcoming address at the APEC Women and the Economy Summit this morning at the St. Francis Hotel.
About 3,000 delegates are expected to attend the four-day conference. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will deliver her keynote address Friday morning. The meetings focus on how to increase women's economic participation and provide groundwork for world leaders at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Honolulu in November.
jerry brown, hillary rodham clinton, san francisco news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 4 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Jose police standoff ends with armed man 32 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide