San Francisco News
APEC Women and the Economy Summit kicks off
Some of the most important women in government and business from the United States and 20 Pacific Rim countries are gathering in San Francisco today.
Governor Brown will give the welcoming address at the APEC Women and the Economy Summit this morning at the St. Francis Hotel.
About 3,000 delegates are expected to attend the four-day conference. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will deliver her keynote address Friday morning. The meetings focus on how to increase women's economic participation and provide groundwork for world leaders at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Honolulu in November.
jerry brown, hillary rodham clinton, san francisco news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos