San Francisco News
Man robbed after leaving pot dispensary
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was robbed of more than a pound of marijuana as he exited a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at 12:53 p.m. in the 900 block of Geary Street near Larkin Street.
The victim, a 34-year-old man, was walking out of the dispensary when a suspect pointed a gun at his face and demanded "weed," according to police.
The victim handed over a satchel that contained 1.25 pounds of medical marijuana and cash, police said.
The suspect, a man in his late teens or early 20s, fled in a black pickup truck with dealer plates. He had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
The victim was not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
marijuana, medical marijuana, crime, san francisco news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 57 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed