San Francisco News
Man robbed after leaving pot dispensary
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was robbed of more than a pound of marijuana as he exited a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at 12:53 p.m. in the 900 block of Geary Street near Larkin Street.
The victim, a 34-year-old man, was walking out of the dispensary when a suspect pointed a gun at his face and demanded "weed," according to police.
The victim handed over a satchel that contained 1.25 pounds of medical marijuana and cash, police said.
The suspect, a man in his late teens or early 20s, fled in a black pickup truck with dealer plates. He had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
The victim was not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
marijuana, medical marijuana, crime, san francisco news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival 56 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun 56 min ago
- Man prefers 3D-printed hand to pricey prostheses 21 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 3 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos