San Francisco News
Man robbed after leaving pot dispensary
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was robbed of more than a pound of marijuana as he exited a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at 12:53 p.m. in the 900 block of Geary Street near Larkin Street.
The victim, a 34-year-old man, was walking out of the dispensary when a suspect pointed a gun at his face and demanded "weed," according to police.
The victim handed over a satchel that contained 1.25 pounds of medical marijuana and cash, police said.
The suspect, a man in his late teens or early 20s, fled in a black pickup truck with dealer plates. He had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
The victim was not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
marijuana, medical marijuana, crime, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos