San Francisco News
6 Protesters arrested during bank protests
SAN FRANCISCO -- Hundreds of protesters took to the streets of San Francisco today to protest Wall Street banks and six were arrested, police said.
The protesters marched along Market Street this afternoon, stopping in front of Bank of America, Charles Schwab and Wells Fargo, organizers from ReFund California said.
Six activists went inside a Chase Bank branch in the 500 block of Market Street with sleeping bags and pillows and prepared to stay, organizers said.
According to police, officers repeatedly warned the protesters they would be arrested if they refused to leave.
The activists refused to leave and were arrested for trespassing, police said.
The protesters were cited and released.
protest, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 44 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 48 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos