San Francisco News
Bank robbed in Financial District Thursday
SAN FRANCISCO -- A bank in San Francisco's Financial District was robbed at gunpoint on Thursday morning, police said.
The robbery was reported at about 11:15 a.m. at a bank in the 500 block of Montgomery Street.
The suspect, a man in his 40s or 50s, walked into the bank, took out a handgun and demanded money from a 56-year-old employee, according to police.
The female employee handed over an undisclosed amount of cash to the suspect, who fled from the bank and had not been found as of this morning, police said.
No one was injured during the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, financial district, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case