San Francisco News
Fog cuts Blue Angels show short on Sunday
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Around one million people flocked to San Francisco for this weekend's Fleet Week events.
The Navy's Blue Angels roared over the San Francisco Bay on Sunday but only for a few minutes. Fog cut their final air show on Sunday a bit short after officials determined the weather to be a hazard.
The San Francisco waterfront was still packed with spectators for a good portion of the day on Sunday.
The five-day Fleet Week event ends on Monday with the band challenge and several ship tours.
fleet week, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire