San Francisco News
Ed Lee campaign contributions being investigated
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's district attorney is opening a formal investigation into possible improprieties involving donations to Mayor Ed Lee's campaign. At the center of the controversy are donations made by Go-Lorrie's Airport Shuttle Company.
Seventeen of Go-Lorrie's employees donated $500 a piece to the mayor's campaign. The employees were then reimbursed by the company.
The California Fair Political Practices Commission is already probing the donation as a possible laundered campaign contribution.
Lee says his campaign will cooperate with the investigation.
City Attorney Dennis Herrera, one of Lee challenger's in the city's mayoral race, has also asked "state and federal" prosecutors to look into the matter.
sf mayors race, ed lee, dennis herrera, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF 16 min ago
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday