San Francisco News
Ed Lee campaign contributions being investigated
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's district attorney is opening a formal investigation into possible improprieties involving donations to Mayor Ed Lee's campaign. At the center of the controversy are donations made by Go-Lorrie's Airport Shuttle Company.
Seventeen of Go-Lorrie's employees donated $500 a piece to the mayor's campaign. The employees were then reimbursed by the company.
The California Fair Political Practices Commission is already probing the donation as a possible laundered campaign contribution.
Lee says his campaign will cooperate with the investigation.
City Attorney Dennis Herrera, one of Lee challenger's in the city's mayoral race, has also asked "state and federal" prosecutors to look into the matter.
sf mayors race, ed lee, dennis herrera, san francisco news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 47 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday