San Francisco News
Ed Lee campaign contributions being investigated
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's district attorney is opening a formal investigation into possible improprieties involving donations to Mayor Ed Lee's campaign. At the center of the controversy are donations made by Go-Lorrie's Airport Shuttle Company.
Seventeen of Go-Lorrie's employees donated $500 a piece to the mayor's campaign. The employees were then reimbursed by the company.
The California Fair Political Practices Commission is already probing the donation as a possible laundered campaign contribution.
Lee says his campaign will cooperate with the investigation.
City Attorney Dennis Herrera, one of Lee challenger's in the city's mayoral race, has also asked "state and federal" prosecutors to look into the matter.
sf mayors race, ed lee, dennis herrera, san francisco news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos