San Francisco News
Fire chief to attend Fisherman's Wharf drill
SAN FRANCISCO -- Community members in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf neighborhood, a section of town best known for its tourism, will focus on safety Friday morning during a community-wide emergency response practice drill.
For the fifth year running, the PIERsafe emergency expo and drill, sponsored by the Fisherman's Wharf community benefit district, will provide information to local residents, businesses and employees about emergency response tools and training.
The event is open to all Fisherman's Wharf employers, employees and residents, and it is sponsored in partnership with the San Francisco Fire Department and the city's Department of Emergency Management.
San Francisco Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White is expected to make remarks at the event, which is scheduled to take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Aquatic Park.
sffd, fisherman's wharf, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 38 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos