San Francisco News
Poll: Ed Lee has big lead in SF mayor race
A new poll shows San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is in great position to keep the job.
The Bay Citizen-USF poll shows the 58-year-old Lee dominating the field just three weeks before the election. More than 31 percent of respondents say Lee is their first choice under the cities ranked choice voting process.
City Attorney Dennis Herrera is second at 8.1 percent, and Supervisor John Avalos is third at 7.4 percent. If Lee wins, he would become San Francisco's first elected Chinese-American mayor.
ed lee, san francisco news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos