San Francisco News
List: San Francisco number 4 among angry cities
SAN FRANCSICO (KGO) -- Are you angry?
A new list released by The Daily Beast has San Francisco ranked number four among angry metropolitan areas in the United States.
The survey compared the number of those who identify as Tea Party supporters with individuals who are participating in localized 'Occupy Wall Street' demonstrations.
According to the website, there are ten times more 'Occupy' demonstrators than Tea Party supporters, at least based on Tea Party statistics from 2009 and more-recent figures on 'Occupy' protesters.
The website says for every one million people, there are 6,000 protesters in the San Francisco metropolitan area.
The list isn't without merit: Tea Party supporter and GOP nominee candidate Michele Bachmann has been spotted twice in the Bay Area over the past few months for fundraising efforts, while localized 'Occupy' demonstrations have popped up in San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Berkeley, Richmon, Walnut Creek and Napa.
Seattle, Portland and Denver edge out San Francisco with angrier citizens.
tea party, occupy wall street, san francisco news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit 36 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...