San Francisco News
List: San Francisco number 4 among angry cities
SAN FRANCSICO (KGO) -- Are you angry?
A new list released by The Daily Beast has San Francisco ranked number four among angry metropolitan areas in the United States.
The survey compared the number of those who identify as Tea Party supporters with individuals who are participating in localized 'Occupy Wall Street' demonstrations.
According to the website, there are ten times more 'Occupy' demonstrators than Tea Party supporters, at least based on Tea Party statistics from 2009 and more-recent figures on 'Occupy' protesters.
The website says for every one million people, there are 6,000 protesters in the San Francisco metropolitan area.
The list isn't without merit: Tea Party supporter and GOP nominee candidate Michele Bachmann has been spotted twice in the Bay Area over the past few months for fundraising efforts, while localized 'Occupy' demonstrations have popped up in San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Berkeley, Richmon, Walnut Creek and Napa.
Seattle, Portland and Denver edge out San Francisco with angrier citizens.
tea party, occupy wall street, san francisco news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 21 min ago
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 13 min ago
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
11 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
9 min ago