San Francisco News
Police engaged in standoff near Stockton
STOCKTON, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose police along with Stockton police are currently engaged in a standoff in the city of French Camp.
According to ABC affiliate KXTV, neighbors near the standoff think it may be connected to the murder of a Hells Angel member at a funeral in San Jose last week.
Police have not released details about the standoff, KXTV reports.
Following at least one television news report, Stockton police spokesman Pete Smith confirmed that San Jose police were serving a warrant, but would not say what the warrant was for, or provide any details.
San Jose police spokesman Jason Dwyer declined to comment on the report.
Steve Tausen, a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle club, was attending the funeral of a fellow member when he was guned down Oct. 15 in San Jose. Police believe a 39-year-old member is responsible for Tausen's death.
Police said they believe the crime scene at the funeral had been tampered with as they could find no evidence of last Saturday's shooting.
Investigators had originally believed that Steve Ruiz, the suspect thought to have shot and killed Tausen, might have been killed by members of the motorcycle gang, but said Friday they had determined he was still alive.
Authorities say Christel Trujillo may be travelling with Ruiz.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
crime, standoff, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts