San Francisco News
Woman cuts in line at food drive, then cuts volunteer
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was arrested Sunday afternoon after cutting in line at a food drive in San Francisco's Bayview District, then cutting a volunteer working there with a razor blade, police said.
The attack was reported at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of Third Street and McKinnon Avenue, where a food drive was being set up.
Volunteers were stacking food on tables and preparing to give it out when the woman walked ahead of other people in line, then began to take food from the table, according to police.
One of the volunteers asked her to put the food down but she refused, prompting another volunteer to get involved and try to get the woman away from the tables.
At that point, the woman apparently became enraged and pushed the two volunteers, then took out a razor blade and began swinging it at them, cutting one in the arm, police said.
Police responded and arrested the woman, whose name was not immediately available this afternoon. She was booked into jail on suspicion of aggravated assault with a weapon, according to police.
The victim who was sliced was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for her injury.
bayview hunters point, crime, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 39 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 38 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad
- New chair lets users decide the temperature 4 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping 3 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
38 min ago
- Growers protect crops from freezing temps
11 min ago