San Francisco News
Victim of fatal Bayview District shooting identified
SAN FRANCSICO -- A man who was fatally shot in San Francisco's Bayview District on Tuesday evening has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 25-year-old Darius Perkins.
The shooting was reported around 5:20 p.m. near Fitzgerald Avenue and Ingalls Street.
Officers found Perkins, a San Francisco resident, on the sidewalk near a store suffering from gunshot wounds, police said.
He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made in the case and no suspect information was available as of Tuesday night.
Anyone with information about the shooting is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
bayview hunters point, shooting, crime, san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire