San Francisco News
Woman struck by Muni light rail, critically injured
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman injured when she was struck by a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail vehicle near the city's Parkmerced neighborhood on Thursday evening is now in critical condition, a police spokesman said today.
The accident was reported at about 7:25 p.m. near the intersection of 19th Avenue and Junipero Serra Boulevard.
The 19-year-old pedestrian was struck by a Muni vehicle on the M-Ocean View line. She suffered head trauma and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, according to police.
Police initially said the victim was in serious but stable condition, but police Sgt. Mike Andraychak said this afternoon that she is now in critical condition.
The driver of the Muni vehicle has been placed on non-driving status and will undergo drug and alcohol testing, per standard procedure, agency spokesman Paul Rose said.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by police and Muni officials.
muni, san francisco news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos