San Francisco News
Woman struck by Muni light rail, critically injured
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman injured when she was struck by a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail vehicle near the city's Parkmerced neighborhood on Thursday evening is now in critical condition, a police spokesman said today.
The accident was reported at about 7:25 p.m. near the intersection of 19th Avenue and Junipero Serra Boulevard.
The 19-year-old pedestrian was struck by a Muni vehicle on the M-Ocean View line. She suffered head trauma and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, according to police.
Police initially said the victim was in serious but stable condition, but police Sgt. Mike Andraychak said this afternoon that she is now in critical condition.
The driver of the Muni vehicle has been placed on non-driving status and will undergo drug and alcohol testing, per standard procedure, agency spokesman Paul Rose said.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by police and Muni officials.
muni, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos