San Francisco News
Woman struck by Muni light rail, critically injured
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman injured when she was struck by a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail vehicle near the city's Parkmerced neighborhood on Thursday evening is now in critical condition, a police spokesman said today.
The accident was reported at about 7:25 p.m. near the intersection of 19th Avenue and Junipero Serra Boulevard.
The 19-year-old pedestrian was struck by a Muni vehicle on the M-Ocean View line. She suffered head trauma and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, according to police.
Police initially said the victim was in serious but stable condition, but police Sgt. Mike Andraychak said this afternoon that she is now in critical condition.
The driver of the Muni vehicle has been placed on non-driving status and will undergo drug and alcohol testing, per standard procedure, agency spokesman Paul Rose said.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by police and Muni officials.
muni, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 25 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 33 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 7 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 47 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 55 min ago