San Francisco News
Man robs downtown bank Wednesday morning
SAN FRANCISCO -- A bank in San Francisco's Financial District was robbed Wednesday morning, police said.
The robbery was reported at 9:44 a.m. at a bank in the 200 block of California Street.
A suspect, described as a white man in his early to mid-50s, walked into the building and announced he was robbing the bank, according to police.
Two tellers handed the robber cash, and he then fled and had not been found as of this morning, police said.
No one was injured and no weapon was seen.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, financial district, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident 40 min ago
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 55 min ago
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 30 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
27 min ago