San Francisco News
Public invited to build giant LEGO Santa Yoda
SAN FRANCISCO -- The public is invited to help LEGO Master Builders construct a 12-by-10 foot Santa Yoda on Friday at the Union Square ice rink.The public is invited to help LEGO Master Builders construct a 12-by-10 foot Santa Yoda on Friday at the Union Square ice rink.
More than 6,000 oversized LEGO bricks, created from the smaller classic LEGO building blocks, will be used to construct the model.
LEGO master builders Steve Gerling and Erik Varszegi will start building the Star Wars-inspired model this Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. However, the LEGO structure won't be standing for long -- deconstruction begins Monday.
From Nov. 21 through Dec. 24, LEGO Systems will donate up to one million new LEGO toys to the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program when LEGO Star Wars e-greetings are shared from their website at www.LEGOSantaYoda.com.
holiday, union square, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 2 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body