San Francisco News
Clowns bring smiles to young patients
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Laughter has long been called the best medicine, and a group of clowns is trying to prove just that.
A troupe from Israel stopped by UCSF's Benioff Children's Hospital on Friday to entertain some young patients.
The group was invited by a local group called Clown Zero to help make the kids smile and laugh.
The clowns receive months of special training before they venture into a hospital. They don't wear make up because they say it can scare some of the kids.
children, san francisco news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing 50 min ago
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- Github employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace 5 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos