San Francisco News
Clowns bring smiles to young patients
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Laughter has long been called the best medicine, and a group of clowns is trying to prove just that.
A troupe from Israel stopped by UCSF's Benioff Children's Hospital on Friday to entertain some young patients.
The group was invited by a local group called Clown Zero to help make the kids smile and laugh.
The clowns receive months of special training before they venture into a hospital. They don't wear make up because they say it can scare some of the kids.
children, san francisco news
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick 16 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 14 min ago
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting 10 min ago
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion