San Francisco News
Man arrested over evening shooting in Bayview
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested this morning on suspicion of shooting at another man in San Francisco's Bayview District on Tuesday night, police said.
The shooting was reported at about 10:35 p.m. near Keith Street and Thomas Avenue.
Responding officers found three vehicles in the area that had been hit by bullets, then found a 23-year-old victim in the 1400 block of Underwood Avenue, according to police.
The victim was out of breath but was uninjured, police said. He told police he was walking north on Keith Street when he saw someone walking toward him in a hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled up.
As the man reached under his sweatshirt into the waistband of his pants, the victim turned and began to run, police said.
The suspect fled but was arrested at about 11 a.m. today, according to police at the department's Bayview Station.
Further information about the suspect and arrest was not immediately available.
shooting, crime, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 47 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 42 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body