San Francisco News
Man arrested over evening shooting in Bayview
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested this morning on suspicion of shooting at another man in San Francisco's Bayview District on Tuesday night, police said.
The shooting was reported at about 10:35 p.m. near Keith Street and Thomas Avenue.
Responding officers found three vehicles in the area that had been hit by bullets, then found a 23-year-old victim in the 1400 block of Underwood Avenue, according to police.
The victim was out of breath but was uninjured, police said. He told police he was walking north on Keith Street when he saw someone walking toward him in a hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled up.
As the man reached under his sweatshirt into the waistband of his pants, the victim turned and began to run, police said.
The suspect fled but was arrested at about 11 a.m. today, according to police at the department's Bayview Station.
Further information about the suspect and arrest was not immediately available.
shooting, crime, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos