San Francisco News
SF Ballet performs 'Nutcracker' for children at CPMC
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Ballet's annual holiday classic "The Nutcracker" opens next week. But on Tuesday members of the company brought ballet to those who probably won't get to see it on the stage.
The dancers entertained a group of sick children who wouldn't be able to see the show, so the show came to them.
The land of sugar plum fairies, toy soldiers and waltzing flowers came to life for children at California Pacific Medical Center's California campus.
"The Nutcracker" opens Dec. 9 at the War Memorial Opera House.
california pacific medical center, children, san francisco news, don sanchez
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 8 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 2 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 32 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos