San Francisco News
SF Ballet performs 'Nutcracker' for children at CPMC
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Ballet's annual holiday classic "The Nutcracker" opens next week. But on Tuesday members of the company brought ballet to those who probably won't get to see it on the stage.
The dancers entertained a group of sick children who wouldn't be able to see the show, so the show came to them.
The land of sugar plum fairies, toy soldiers and waltzing flowers came to life for children at California Pacific Medical Center's California campus.
"The Nutcracker" opens Dec. 9 at the War Memorial Opera House.
california pacific medical center, children, san francisco news, don sanchez
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos