San Francisco News
Celebrities ring bells for Salvation Army
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bay Area celebrities and musicians came together for a San Francisco bell ringing tradition on Friday.
Carl Payne, the 10-time cable car bell-ringing champion, showed he was in the holiday spirit by raising money for the Salvation Army.
Friday's event was the organization's 31st annual celebrity bell ringing event at Union Square. All money collected on Friday will be used for the Salvation Army's Christmas assistance programs.
Festivities also included musical performances and a visit from Santa.
union square, charities, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain 42 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop 53 min ago
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash 37 min ago
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
53 min ago
- Benicia residents without power on frigid...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos