San Francisco News
Celebrities ring bells for Salvation Army
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bay Area celebrities and musicians came together for a San Francisco bell ringing tradition on Friday.
Carl Payne, the 10-time cable car bell-ringing champion, showed he was in the holiday spirit by raising money for the Salvation Army.
Friday's event was the organization's 31st annual celebrity bell ringing event at Union Square. All money collected on Friday will be used for the Salvation Army's Christmas assistance programs.
Festivities also included musical performances and a visit from Santa.
union square, charities, san francisco news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3 11 min ago
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz 49 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke 37 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday