San Francisco News
Police clear Occupy SF encampment; 55 arrested
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police cleared an Occupy SF encampment in front of the Federal Reserve building in San Francisco early this morning, police said.
Riot police moved in on the encampment on the sidewalk at 101 Market St. at around 4 a.m.
Fifty-five protesters were arrested for illegal lodging, and while interactions between police and protesters was tense, no officers or protesters were injured.
Police said some officers were spit on and one officer was pushed by demonstrators.
occupy sf, occupy wall street, protest, SFPD, federal reserve, san francisco news
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party 49 min ago
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident 3 min ago
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos