San Francisco News
Man seriously injured in SoMa attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was critically injured when he was hit in the head in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood on Monday night, police said.
Police said the 48-year-old victim was walking near Fifth and Folsom streets around 11 p.m. when a suspect approached and struck him in the head with an unknown object, knocking him to the ground.
A passerby called 911, and the victim was taken to San Francisco General Hospital with life-threatening head injuries, police said.
No details were immediately available about the suspect, who remains at large.
Anyone with information about the attack is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
soma, crime, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week 58 min ago
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case