San Francisco News
Security guard accidentally shoots self in leg
SAN FRANCISCO -- An armed security guard accidentally shot himself in the leg as he got into his car in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Monday night, police said Tuesday.
The incident was reported at about 11:15 p.m. Monday near 11th and Kissling streets.
The 40-year-old guard was fastening his seat belt when the belt interfered with his holster, causing the gun to discharge, police said. The man suffered a gunshot wound to his right leg and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated, police said.
soma, shooting, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos